Pavan Duggal is a regular on the lecture circuit. He has spoken at over 2000 conferences, seminars and workshops and has lectured extensively in select law colleges. Some of his participation as a keynote speaker and speaker, have been collated here as mentioned below:
- Pavan Duggal was the Speaker at the Engelberg Forum at Engelberg, Switzerland, 2001
- Pavan was the Speaker at Seminar on challenges of Globalisation: 25thMay, 2001 Bharat Petroleum in association with AIMA
- He was the Speaker at National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL)
- Pavan Duggal spoke at The Millennium ITT or ITT 2000: 22-24 November 2000 Bangalore, Karnataka
- Pavan addressed 21stRegional Conference of CIRC of I.C.A.I: 11-12 December, 2000 Venue: B.M. Birla Auditorium, Statute Circle, Jaipur Rajashtan
- Pavan also spoke at the Seminar on “Governance in Network Age”: 4-5October, 2000, Centre for e-Governance, Min. of Information Technology Venue: Hyatt Regency New Delhi.
As an expert and authority in Cyberlaw, Cybercrime law, Cyber Security Law and Mobile Law, Pavan Duggal has also spoken at and addressed the following conferences, seminars , workshops, summits and events organized by different distinguished organizations and institutions:-
- Conference on Emerging Telecommunication Opportunities in India: 31October-02 November, 2000 India Telecom 2000 Hotel Inter-Continental New Delhi
- National Crime Records Bureau- “Information Technology for Police Applications”: 19-24 November, 2001
- India Economic Summit 2000- Global Divide Initiative: 26-28 December, 2000 Organized by Confederation of Indian Industry and World Economic Forum Venue: ITC Maurya New Delhi
- E-governance 2000- Conference: 4thOctober, 2000
- ITT 2000- Panel discussion on Cyberlaw: 23rdNovember, 2000 NAL Bangalore
- Speaker at UNESCO’s Second Asia & Pacific Regional meeting on Ethical, Legal and Societal Challenges of Cyberspace, Beijing, China, 2000
- 2ndTechnical Session of Annual Convention for IMSA: 24th November, 2000
- School of Management Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi
- Speaker at India Internet World, 1998, 1999, 2000.
- Speaker at Apricot, Singapore 1999
- Speaker at At Large Membership Committee meetings of The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN) held in Singapore 1999 and Berlin 1999.
- Visiting faculty on Cyberlaw at National Police Academy, Hyderabad.
- Visiting faculty at Indian Law Institute in its Cyberlaw course.
- 2ndInternet World Asia @ Hong Kong 2000: 1-3 November, 2000 Conference & Exhibits
- Speaker at Second International Conference on Drug Abuse organized by the Colombo Plan in Bangkok, 1999.
- Speaker at UNDP meeting in Colombo, 1995.
- Speaker at The Third International Conference on Aids in Asia and the Pacific at Chiangmai, Thailand 1995;
- Mauritian Management Association Workshop on Cyberlaw : August 2002, Mauritius
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)-Asia Pacific Conference on Cybercrime and Information Security 2002
- ‘KPMG 2002-Annual MESA Training’
- “Copying with the changing media landscape: are media laws and regulations still relevant?”-Lecture on cybercrime & Cyberterrorism: November 21-22, 2002 Venue: Seng Giap Auditorium of UA&P in Ortigas Center, Pasig City
- All India Conference on Intellectuals: 17thNovember, 2002
- International Conference on “Building Effective E-Governance”: 21-22 November, 2002, Chandigarh, Punjab
- 11thAnnual AMIC conference on Media Terrorism and a Culture of Peace: 26-28 June 2002, Venue: Esplanade Hotel Perth, Australia
- Career Guidance and Book Fair-2002, ASSOCHAM
- National Seminar on Prevention of frauds and Financial Crimes: 5-6 September, 2002, Venue: Hotel Taj Malabar, Cochin
- Cyber laws & Security: New Challenges for Managers: 3-4 May, 2002, AIMA, Venue: Taj President, Mumbai
- National Conference on Legal & Judicial Reforms- The Bird’s eye view on Balance Sheet and Projections: 6-7 September, 2002, Venue: Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi
- 10thConvergence India 2002:6-8 March, 2002
- Asian Regional Workshop on “The Root Cause of Terrorism & Role of Young People”: 3-7 August 2002, Venue: Century Mahkota Hotel Melaka, Malaysia
- India Telecommunications Summit 2002: 8-10 May, 2002, Venue: ITC Maurya, New Delhi
- 8thAnnual Conference-Next Generation Communications: Bridging the Digital Divide: 22-23 March, 2002, PTC India Foundation Venue: India Habitat Center, Lodhi Road New Delhi
- 15thAnnual Foundation Day of C-DAC: 13th April, 2002
- First Meeting of the Task Force on Cyber Security/ Business Continuum: 26thMarch, 2002
- One day seminar on Alternative Dispute Resolution to Online Dispute Resolution: 20thJuly, 2002, Venue: Hotel Taj Mahal, Man Singh Road, New Delhi
- 4thCII Telecom Summit 2002: 11-12 February, 2002, Venue: Hotel Grand Intercontinental, New Delhi
- Bandung Info Ethics Conference , 2002
- The WSIS PrepCom 3 meeting : September, 2003, Geneva
- Consultations on the establishment of the Working Group on Internet Governance, United Nation: 20-21 Sep 2004, Geneva
- United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force, Topic- the Global Forum on Internet Governance: 25-26th March, 2004, United Nations Headquarters, New York
- UNESCAP-Harmonized Development of Legal and Regulatory Systems For Electronic Commerce in Asia and The Pacific- Current Challenges and Capacity Building Needs: 1stJuly, 2004
- Linux Asia 2004: 11-13 February, 2004 New Delhi
- Mobile Revelation 2004: 25thFebruary, 2004, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- International conference on eProcurement: 3rdJune , 2004 Commonwealth Centre for e-Governance, New Delhi
- UNICT-Global Forum on Internet Governance held at United Nations: 25-26thMarch, 2004
- Ubiquitous Computing, 2005, Shanghai June 2005
- India Energy Security Summit on Cyber Security, 2004 Independent Power Producers Association of India
- Seminar Series on BPO Law:3- 5 and 7thFebruary, 2005 Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai
- IT-ISSUES: Data Security and Cyberlaws: 11thDecember, 2005, The Institution of Engineers (India) U.P, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- HCL Global Meet: 5-7 December, 2006, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- eGovernment Workshop ’06 (eGOV06) -Cyber Crimes and E-Government Applications: Some Empirical Evidences: 11thSeptember, 2006, Brunel University, UK
- International Conference on Digital Libraries: 5-8 December 2006, New Delhi
- IETE- First World Information Society Day: 17thMay 2006, New Delhi
- International Seminar on E-Security (Incon E-SEC): 25-26 February, 2006 Computer Society of India Visakhapatnam Chapter Vishakapatnam
- NIRC-ICAI Seminar: 1stApril, 2006 New Delhi
- International Conference In Support of Information Society on Privacy & Security Policies that encourage e-Business: 20thSeptember, 2006, FICCI NewDelhi
- Internet Governance Forum-2006 at Athens, Greece
- Seminar on Cyber Crime, Cyber Security & Cyberlaw: September 39, 2007 Gujarat Electronics & Software Industries Association, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- LPO Conference- Gearing up for Legal Process Outsourcing Industry:18thMarch, 2007, Bangalore, Karnataka
- ASSOCHAM Topic- Entertainment & Media 19-20 December, 2007 New Delhi
- VAS India 2007-International Conference: 6thJuly, 2007 New Delhi
- Internet Governance Forum-2007 at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Legal Framework in Which Investigation of Cyber Crimes in Carried Out, Salient Features of IT Act, 2000 and presentation of evidence in case of IT Act- 26th August, 2008, Central Bureau of Investigation Academy, Ghaziabad, UP
- 2nd Annual Corporate Legal Counsel- Role of Corporate Legal Counsel in Furthering and Protecting Business Interests in a Globalized Era: 19-20 June, 2008 Mumbai, Maharashtra
- National Conference on Cyber Crime & Cyber Laws -7thFebruary, 2008 Uttar Pradesh Police & Dainik Jagran Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Seminar on the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers- 2thSeptember 2008 IETE APEX FORUM New Delhi
- Internet Governance Forum-2008-Promoting cyber security and Trust
- LBSIM ANNUAL IT SUMMIT IT Grid, 2008 New Delhi
- Delhi Judicial Academy: 28thSeptember, 2008
- Summit on Content Code and Regulation: 17thNovember, 2008 ASSOCHAM New Delhi
- 2ndAnnual Corporate Legal Counsel Forum on Cyber Security & E-governance- Roadmap of e-governance protection focusing on cyber security: 19-20 June, 2008 Mumbai, Maharashtra
- E-com Seminar: 26thJune, 2008 New Delhi
- Conference on Cyber Crime and Cyberlaw: 7thFebruary, 2008 Uttar Pradesh Police Agra, UP
- ASSOCHAM:-IPTV India Forum on Future Policies and Strategies for IPTV Services: 22ndJanuary , 2008 New Delhi
- Internet Governance Forum-2008 at Hyderabad, India
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers Meeting at New Delhi: 10-15 November, 2008
- Conference on Globalization and Cyber Security Economic and Legal implications for India: 24-25 June, 2008 Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries Gurgaon, Haryana
- Octopus Conference-Cooperation against Cybercrime 2008 at Strasbourg, France
- Payments Summit 2008-“Legal issues in cross border payments”: 16thMay, 2008 Venue: Hotel Taj Lands End Mumbai, Maharashtra
- “What Nuclear Deal Means to India” :November, 2008 Organized by ASSOCHAM New Delhi.
- Conference on the Amendments to the Information Technology Act, 2000 : 9thSeptember, 2009 Indian Institute of Public Administration Delhi
- 4thMeeting of the Internet Governance forum: 15-18 November 2009 Egypt
- Broadband Tech India 2009: 18thNovember, 2009 New Delhi
- TiEcon 2009: 14thAugust, 2009 TiE Delhi New Delhi
- 21STSKOCH Summit 2009- Is Cyberlaw up-to-it: 22nd January, 2009 New Delhi
- Seminar on Corporate Intelligence: 25thApril, 2009
- ICSI the Institution of Company Secretaries of India New Delhi
- 22ndInternational Conference- Privacy as a business risk for top management: 7th June, 2009 London
- 5thInternational Asian Conference: 19th February, 2009 ITECHLAW Gurgaon
- US-India IP conclave on Information Technology: 3rd September 2009 Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Annual Convention on Providing Connectivity to the Unconnected organized: 26 – 27 March 2009 New Delhi Cybercrime Legislation in India
- IGF- Internet Governance Forum, Sharm-ul –Sheikh , Egypt
- Council of Europe Meeting March 2009
- National Seminar on Cyber Law Cyber Crime & Cyber Security: February 8-9, 2009 Thiruvanthapuram
- ITU Regional Cyber Security Forum for Asia Pacific: 23-25 September, 2009 Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Cyberlaw, Information Security and Software Quality Assurance: 6-10 July, 2009 Indian Institute of Public Administration New Delhi
- Seminar on Cyber Security – Need of the Hour: 3rdJanuary, 2009 Ahmedabad Management Association Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Seminar on Cyber Crime – The Indian Legal Perspective: 8-9 February,2009 Centre for Development of Imaging Technology Thiruvananthapuram
- Workshop on Cyber Security: 22-23 December, 2009, SAARC New Delhi
- Cyber Terrorism- A growing menace:3rdJuly, 2009 New Delhi
- “MIT International strategy-engaging with India”: January, 2009 Organized by MIT South Asian Alumni Association (MITSAAA) & ASSOCHAM
- 18thAnnual AMIC Conference on “Media, Democracy and Governance: Emerging Paradigms in a Digital Age”: 13-16 July, 2009 Venue: Le Meridian Hotel New Delhi
- WiMAX India 2010-International Conference: 20thAugust, 2010 New Delhi
- Broadband Tech India 2010: 19thNovember, 2010, New Delhi
- Seminar on Information Warfare: 7thDecember 2010 Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- 2ndInternational Conference- Green Telecom India 2000, 10th September, 2010 New Delhi
- International Conference-Billing & customer Care India 2010, 17thMarch, 2010
- National Seminar on Enforcement of Cyberlaw: 8thMay, 2010, Cyber Appellate Tribunal, New Delhi
- National Conference of Employment Generation Through Labour Reforms: 28thJanuary, 2010 Employer’s Federation of India New Delhi
- 18thConvergence India: 23-25 March, 2010 New Delhi
- 6thASSOCHAM Global Telecom Summit: 23-24 July, 2010 New Delhi,
- Cyber Terrorism/Crime and Computer Forensics: 5-7 December, 2010, Asia Pacific World Regional Office International Association of Chiefs of Police, New Delhi
- Legal Challenges of Cyber Operations in the Defence Arena: 7thDecember, 2010 Headquarters Central Command, Indian Army, Shimla
- E-procurement: A path to its implementation: 17-18 May, 2010 Institute of Logistics & Materials Management New Delhi
- e-crime India 2010: 23-24 February, 2010, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Conference on Connecting One Billion Indians through Green Telecom: 12-13 February, 2010, PTC India Foundation New Delhi
- Conference on Terrorism in South Asia-Perspective from US and India: 20-21 July, 2010 Observer Research Foundation and The Heritage Foundation New Delhi
- Conference on Information Technology Laws and Related IP: 19-21 March, 2010 New Delhi
- Octopus Conference of Council of Europe: 2010
- PKI Outreach Program on Indian IT Act 2000: 21stJune, 2010 Centre for Development of Advanced Computing Vishakhapatnam.
- The India Digital Summit, 2011: 18-19 January, 2011 New Delhi
- SECUREX 2011- Securing the Future: 21stJanuary, 2011 Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Kolkata
- OPEN 2011: 31-01February, 2011 International Conference New Delhi
- NIRC-ICSI Seminar on Fraud Risk & Governance: Professionals’ Responsibility & Liability: 15thJanuary, 2011 New Delhi
- Microsoft Leadership Conclave 2011: 3rdFebruary, 2011 New Delhi
- Asia Pacific Internet Association-AGM: 22ndFebruary 2011 Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre Hong Kong
- Conference on Cyberspace Usages – Challenges & Dispute Resolution: 19-20 February, 2011
- Union Internationale des Avocats, International Association of Lawyers, Union Internacional de Abogados International Conference Kochi
- The RBI Report on Electronic Banking, Controls, Governance & Technological Risk Management: 2ndMarch , 2011 Indian Bank’s Association Mumbai, Maharashtra
- 19thConvergence India: 24-26, March, 2011 New Delhi
- Bangalore Cyber Security Summit: 17-18 March, 2011 Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation (KEONICS) Bangalore
- 25thSKOCH Summit 2011: 25th March, 2011ew Delhi
- Global Project on Cybercrime Meeting report Cooperation against cybercrime in South Asia International workshop Colombo, Sri Lanka, 5-6 April 2011
- Workshop on agenda setting for GIGA: 23rdApril, 2011 Institute of Global Internet Governance Advocacy, NALSAR Hyderabad
- IT Seminar on Convergence of Database and Communication Technologies (CDCT-2011): 30th April, 2011 S Management & IT Institute
- Secure IT 2011: National Conference on ICT in Public Safety, Security & Disaster Management
- LTE India 2011-2ndInternational Conference: 27th May 2011 New Delhi
- 2ndWorldwide Cybersecurity Summit: 1-2, June, 2011 London
- VAS India 2011-International Conference: 8thJuly, 2011 New Delhi
- Training Program on “Audit of e-Governance”: 25th-29thJuly, 2011 International Centre for Information Systems and Audit (iCISA) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- New Horizons in IDN’s & Reference to New GTLD’s: 19thAugust, 2011 Organized by C-DAC Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Conference on “Cloud Computing – Leveraging the Cloud for Competitive Advantage : 25thAugust, 2011Confederation of Indian Industry Chennai
- 32ndMeeting on Legal Issues And Security Of Advanced Networks In Asia Pacific (APAN): 22-26 August, 2011 India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 8th International Conference on e-Governance ICEG – 2011 & 3rd e-Governance Knowledge Sharing Summit KSS – 2011: 17-18 October, 2011 Venue: NIRMA University Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Seminar on Cyber crime & Cyber Laws: 5thNovember, 2011 Indian Social Institute Delhi
- Octopus Conference Cooperation against Cybercrime & 10th Anniversary of the Budapest Convention : 21-23 November, 2011 Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- Seminar on Innovation, Risk & Regulation: 7thDecember, 2011 Indian Banks’ Association Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Asian World Summit: 12-13 December, 2011 Personal Data Protection Roundtable & Workshop Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 5th Annual Intellectual Property Summit 2012: 7-8 January, 2012 Ahmedabad Management Association Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- CII-DRDO: 9-10 January, 2012 New Delhi
- 6th India Digital Summit: 19th January, 2012 Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) New Delhi
- FICCI- Internet/Social Media Networks: Opportunities & Challenges 9th February, 2012 Chennai
- Technical Sessions of CRF-2012: 15th February, 2012 New Delhi
- Lecture on Cybercrime: 10th February 2012 High Court of Delhi, New Delhi
- Lecture at the Examiners Training program: 25th February, 2012 National Institute of Intellectual Property Management Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Secure IT 2012: National Conference on ICT in Public Safety, Security & Disaster Management (Cyber Warfare)- 1st March, 2012 New Delhi
- 1st International Conference on Mobile Law 1-2 March, 2012 New Delhi
- National Seminar on Use of IT in Police-3-4 March, 2012 Madhya Pradesh Police in Collaboration with BPR & D (Ministry of Home Affairs) Indore
- ASSOCHAM- Drafting of Commercial Agreements 30th March, 2012 New Delhi
- GIGA-National Seminar March 2012
- 1st National Conference on Cyber Security: 7-8 June, 2012 Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) Pune, Maharashtra
- 12th Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights And Information And Communication: 27 – 29 June 2012 Seoul, Korea
- 22nd IFIP World Computer Congress- 26 September, 2012 Amsterdam the Netherlands
- Budapest Conference on Cyberspace: 3-5 October, 2012 Conference on Cyberspace Budapest
- TOUG (The Octane User Group ) Meet: 7th November, 2012 New Delhi
- I Security Summit: 30th November, 2012 Mumbai
- MALCON- International Malware Conference 2013: 24th November, 2012
- ClubHack 2012: Hacking and Security Conference
- 5th edition of CIO 2012 The Year Ahead, and Cloud & Big Data Taj Palace Hotel, Dubai
- Spoke remotely at Internet Governance Forum 2012 at Baku, Azerbaijan
- iGovernment’s 1st ICT for Development Conference, 2013 14-15 January, 2013 India Habitat Centre (IHC) New Delhi
- 21st Convergence India 2013: International Exhibition & Conference: 16-18 January, 2013 New Delhi
- 7th Digital Summit 16-17 January, 2013 The Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- ICRITO’2013: 29th January, 2013 Amity Education , New Delhi, NCR
- C-DAC’s Technology Conclave-Silver Jubilee Year Celebrations: 11-12 Frebruary, 2013 Venue: India Habitat Center New Delhi
- Indian e Retail 2013 15-16 February, 2013 New Delhi
- National Conference on Issue and Challenges in the growth of Indian Economy: 19th February, 2013 IITM Auditorium, IITM, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi New Delhi
- National Progressive Schools Conference, 2013 22nd February, 2013 Topic- Cyber Bullying New Delhi
- National Conference on Freedom of Expression Ethical Parameters & Market Forces in media Industry: 8-9 March, 2013 Dept of Journalism, Maharaja Agrasen College, University of Delhi
- Natinonal Conference on “Emerging Trends in Information Technology Cyber Security and Challenges” NCETIT 2013 7th March, 2013 IMS Noida
- Institute of Life Long Learning-Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights: 21st March 2013 SP Auditorium, University of Delhi, South Campus
- CITICON 2013-Intenational Conference on “Diversifying Trends in Tehnology & Management” 6-7April, 2013 Panel Discussion organized by Cybertimes New Delhi
- Workshop on Cyber Crimes and Cyber Laws 16-17 April, 2013
- Workshop on “Information Security & Cyber Laws 19th April, 2013, New Delhi
- 42nd Annual Conference -Indian Society of International Law (ISIL) 20-21 April, 2013
- First Information Technology Committee Meeting for FY 2013-14: 8th May, 2013 FICCI New Delhi
- Mid Career Training Programme (phase II) for Officers of P&T Finanace & Accounts Service, GOI 13-17 May, 2013 Venue: D Block, Ground Floor, MDI Gurgaon
- 6th Advisory Committee Meet 25th May, 2013 IMS Law College Noida, UP
- DMAi Convention 4th June, 2013 Mumbai, India
- CSIR: National Symposium on Recent Advances in Cyber Security :- 6-7 June, 2013
- Basic Course on Teaching of Law Evidence18-22 June, 2013 National Law University, Delhi
- FGI National Legal Summit 2013 23rd June, 2013 Federation of Gujarat Industries FGI Business Centre, Sevasi, Vadodra Gujarat
- Privacy Law & Business 26th Annual International Conference-Bridging Privacy Cultures 1-3 July, 2013 Queens’ College, Cambridge, UK
- VAS ASIA 2013- 14th International Conference & Exhibition: 12th July, 2013 The Leela Kempinski, Gurgaon, Delhi (N.C.R)
- Chakravyuh-Information Security & Ethical Hacking Conference: 13th July, 2013
- 22nd IMA International Management Conclave, 2013 Indore
- C-DAc in collabotration with Gujarat Technical University (GTU) Gujarat
- 11th National IT Seminar Topic- Emerging Advancements in Information Technology (EAIT-2013) T.S, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad
- Keynote Address on Cyberbullying and its legalities- Springdales School, Pusa Road January 9, 2014, New Delhi\
- First Conference on Cyber Bullying alongwith Birla Vidya Niketan: January 17, 2014, New Delhi
- DMAi 14th Convention January 22, 2014, Mumbai
- Springdales School, Pusa Road: January 22, 2014, New Delhi
- Study circle on Facebook, Twittter- Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media Legal Implication: February 7, 2014, High Court of Delhi at New Delhi.
- Combating SLAPP suits in India: iProbono February 10, 2014, WWF India, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi
- Threading the Needle in U.S. India Deals: Safe Passage through Formidable Legal Risk: February 15, 2014, Hyatt Regency, New Delhi\
- Issues and Challenges in adjudicating disputes relating to Cyber Crimes: February 16, 2014, New Delhi
- IDFC-7th CFO Conference- Governance Risk Compliance: February 19, 2014, Mumbai
- 4th Women Entrepreneurship Conference – “Entrepreneurial Leadership in Women for Resurgent India:
- February 20, 2014, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- Data Privacy, Cyber Crime, Social Media, Legal and Management Implication on Corporate Governance:February 22, 2014
- Electronic Transactions-Role of Digital Signatures: February 24, 2014, Ahmedabad
- National Seminar on “Information Technology and Cyberlaws: March 1, 2014, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Unconference & Unwind XXIII: March 5, 2014
- Workshop on Security and Energy Efficiency: March 14, 2014, New Delhi
- ALGORHYTHM: March 21, 2014, Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi
- National Seminar on #Cyberlaw: March 29, 2014, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Judicial Conference on Law, Procedure & Core-judicial: April 26, 2014, Delhi Judicial Academy
- Pavan Duggal addressed the batch of Chief Metropolitan Magistrates, Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrates and Metropolitan Magistrates on various issues pertaining to electronic evidence and evolving jurisprudence in India at the Delhi Judicial Academy at two day workshop organized by the Delhi Judicial Academy 17th May, 2014.
- Pavan Duggal delivered a lecture on Jurisdiction, Basis and Limitation at Indian Institute of International Law during their XIII Summer Course on International Law on 04/06/2014 at New Delhi.
- Next Generation Cyber Threats India Exposition 2014 being 2nd Annual B2B Conference-An Exhibition to Protect Your Networking Infrastructure: 5th June, 2014, New Delhi.
- Summer Internship Program 2014 on Cyber Security: 6th June 2014, Gurgaon Police, Haryana Police at Gurgaon, Haryana
- 12th Advanced Mid-Career Training Programme for Senior IRS Officers: 6th June 2014, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, Haryana
- First Friday Event: 6th June, 2014, Octane Marketing Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi
- Pavan Duggal was invited by Samsung Ltd to address the top managers and the management of Samsung plant at Noida and talk about variety of issues and aspects that companies in India need to be careful of when they are dealing with corporate data and information, held on 27/06/2014.
- Panel discussion on Social Media: Impact Challenge and Opportunity for Internal Security and Law and Order: July 2, 2014, New Delhi
- College of Warfare, Indian Air Force Hyderabad on 5/07/2014.
- Seminar on Cyber Threats in 21st Century: 11th July, 2014, New Delhi
- Meeting on Cyber Security: 12th July, 2014 Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), Gurgaon
- Judicial Conference on law procedure and Core judicial skills: 19th July, 2014, Delhi Judicial Academy
- Consultation on “Ways and Means to safeguard Women from Cyber Crimes in India”: 23rd July, 2014, National Commission for Women, New Delhi.
- ASSOCHAM Global Conference on Law & Technology – Issues & Challenges: 24th July, 2014, New Delhi
- IW Seminar 2014 entitled “Cyber Security Challenges – Present & Future”: 25th July, 2014, Information Warfare School, Indian Air Force, Bangalore
- Seminar on “Road Map Ahead In Arbitration”: 26th July, 2014, Standing Conferences of Public Enterprises (SCOPE), New Delhi
- Seminar on Forensic & Digital Investigations in an IT Environment: 26th July, 2014, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- FICCI Conference entitled “IT Security – How Safe Are We”: 30th July, 2014, Jaipur
- Panel Discussions on Securing Critical National Infrastructure From Cyber Attacks at Cyber Security India 2014 Summit: 31st July, 2014, New Delhi
- Pavan was invited as a Keynote Speaker for addressing the students of Kamla Nehru College, University of Delhi on various cyber legal issues that girls and college students need to be aware of while doing their day-to-day activities. After his session, he conducted a interactive session with the students where he answered various doubts, queries and clarifications raised by students.
- Pavan attended the Asia-Pacific Region Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF) held at Greater Noida from 3rd-6th August, 2014 at Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. He moderated and hosted the session 10 entitled “Governance for the Internet of Kids, Teenagers and Youngsters (Secure and Civilized Internet for the Innocent Minds & Next Generation)” on 6th August, 2014. During the said session, various points came to the forefront about the need for creating Internet for the Kids, Teenagers and Youngsters.
- Pavan addressed risk mitigation teams at Genpact/SBI cards on Financial Frauds & Indian Cyberlaw.
- Pavan delivered a lecture to Gurgaon Police officers/officials at Commissioner of Police office at Gurgaon on how to keep legalities and legal nuances in mind while doing cybercrime detection and investigation on 6th August, 2014.
- Club Hack Keynote Series Bangalore: 8th August 2014, Bangalore
- Pavan Duggal addressed the students and teachers of Mothers International School, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi on 20th August, 2014. Pavan talked about the various aspects of cyber bullying and Indian Cyberlaw.
- Pavan Duggal delivered a Keynote lecture at Police Training College, Delhi Police on basics of cybercrimes and how to investigate cybercrimes as per the Indian Cyberlaw to Police Officers including Sub-Inspectors on 22nd August, 2014, New Delhi.
- Pavan spoke on Domaining and Cyberlaw as a keynote speaker at World Domain Day: 24th August, 2014, Hyderabad
- Pavan was the invited Guest Faculty for course on cybercrimes and digital evidence for judicial officers that took place from 1st – 5th September 2014 at Sardar Vallabh Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad. During the said course, Pavan taught judicial officers from the length and breadth of India on issues pertaining to overview of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008. The said session was followed by very interactive session wherein various nuances pertaining to interpretation of the Indian Cyberlaw in the context of practical cases and challenges were discussed.
- Delivered a keynote address on Domain Name legalities at DOMAINX powered by Domain Name Owners Association of India: 7th September, 2014 at Hyderabad.
- 40th Advanced Professional Programme In Public Administration: 8th September, 2014, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi
- International Internet Law and Practice Workshop: 10th – 11th September, 2014, Media Legal Defence Initiative (MDLI), Bangkok, Thailand.
- Special Lecture on the topic “Cyber Law-An Overview with Recent Amendments and Case Laws”: 22nd September, 2014, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
- International Innovation, Sustainability & Entrepreneurship Summit, 2014 (I2SES): 26th September, 2014, New Delhi
- International Research Workshop on Cloud Computing (IRCC 2014): 26th September, 2014, School of Computer Systems & Sciences, Jawahar Lal Nehru University, Delhi
- Pavan Duggal moderated a Panel on Social Media during the National Consultation on Media Law: 28th September, 2014, organized by Law Commission of India, Government of India and National Law University, Delhi
EmTech India (2016)
Pavan Duggal was invited to be a Speaker at EmTech India 2016 organized by Mint, MIT Technology Review in association with CNBC TV 18 on 18th March, 2016. Pavan Duggal spoke about understanding Cyberlaw in today’s Digital Age”. He highlighted the emerging trends of Cyberlaw globally which are significant for the purposes of development of jurisprudence on cyber legal frameworks. He further highlighted the significance of #cyber security law as an emerging discipline and increasing need of companies to ensure compliance for cyber security law as also Cyberlaw frameworks. He further highlighted the role of Cyberlaw in the context of crypto currencies and big data. Pavan further highlighted the need for companies to capture emerging trends of Cyberlaw and to comply with international best practices in their respective verticals. He further highlighted the dangers of the Darknet and the legal challenges thrown up before the Cyberlaw jurisprudence by Darknet architecture and ground realities. He also highlighted the massive growth of mobile commerce in countries like India and the need for Cyberlaw frameworks to deal with mobile legalities.
CIO India Conclave
Pavan Duggal was invited to be an inaugural Keynote Speaker at the CIO India Conclave held at Goa on 20th March, 2016. During his inaugural keynote speech, Pavan Duggal talked about various #cyberlaw considerations that need to be kept in mind by CIOs when they deal with day-to-day business operations. He also highlighted the specific compliances that CIOs in India need to ensure #cyberlegal compliance in order to be on the right side of the law. He further give tips to CIOs on what further due diligence need to be done by them in their day-to-day business activities.
Pavan Duggal was invited to tweet chat on API economy and connected legalities. During the said tweet chat, Pavan also accompanied by other distinguished experts including Mr. Sanchit Gogia, Chief Analyst & CEO, Greyhound Research and Mr. Christopher Tillie, Director, Security Sales, CA Technologies. During the tweet chat, Pavan tweeted about the significance of various legal and policy issues pertaining to API economy as well as API management. He further focused on the need for companies to implement and maintain reasonable security practices and procedures while dealing, handling or processing with sensitive personal information in their capacity as intermediaries.
- Department of Science & Technology, Government of India Foundation Program for Scientists and Technologists
January 2016 – January 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited as Expert Faculty for teaching the 15th Foundation Program for Scientists and Technologists of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India conducted by the Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi on 15th January, 2016. Pavan elaborated about the issues that Scientists need to keep in mind while dealing with cyber legal framework. He specifically also outline various aspects that need to be kept in mind by the Indian Scientists while dealing with scientific information as well as confidential data and information in respect of the Governmental projects. His session was followed by interactive session wherein various Scientists interacted with and asked various questions to Pavan Duggal and clarified their doubts on the applicability of Cyberlaw to the scientific research and scientific work.
- Supreme Court of India Friday Group
Renowned Cyber Law Expert Speaker
January 2016 – January 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited to address the Friday Group at the Supreme Court of India at Library-II of the Supreme Court of India. He address the distinguished lawyer members of the Friday Group on what Cyberlaw means for lawyers and what inputs and aspects need to be kept in mind by lawyers while dealing with Cyberlaw in their day-to-day legal practices. His address was followed by an interesting interactive session with lawyers where lawyers raised various practical problems faced by them in litigations being done by them. Pavan suggested various steps that could be taken by lawyers so to strengthen their matters from cyber legal viewpoints and further advised on various compliances that need to be taken by lawyers while dealing with electronic evidence.
January 2016 – January 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited in his capacity as India’s foremost Cyberlaw Expert, to be one of the seven chosen Experts to visit the World Book Fair organized by the National Book Trust in New Delhi on 9th and 10th January, 2016, wherein Pavan gave his perspectives on the World Book Fair. Consequently, Pavan alongwith project Kitaabgiri team visited the World Book Fair and gave his perspectives. He described the World Book Fair from his own viewpoint and further gave suggestions of what further needs to be focused by the World Book Fair in the coming times. He also recommended list of topics for reading to the readers of Hindustan newspaper. His perspectives given at the World Book Fair were published in Hindustan newspaper on 9th and 10th 2016
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
January 2016 – January 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited as Chief Guest at the inaugural session of the National Seminar On “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in University Governance organized by Jawaharlal Nehru University on 30/01/2016 at New Delhi. During his keynote address, Pavan addressed on the various challenges facing cyber legal regimes and cyber security legalities across the world as also the specific issues, challenges and aspects that are facing the Indian Cyberlaw. He also elaborated various specific issues and aspects which need to be made integral part of university governance in terms of having in place best practices and ensuring compliance with legal frameworks.
- TEDxFORE School
January 2016 – January 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited as a Speaker at the TEDxFORE School event organized by FORE School of Management on 30th January, 2016 at New Delhi. Pavan Duggal spoke about Cyberlaw as an emerging discipline and its impact upon life of people. He also addressed on various new areas and challenges that are facing the evolving jurisprudence of Cyberlaw as a discipline. Pavan gave an 18 minutes talk which examines the history, scope and development of Cyberlaw jurisprudence as also the challenges that face Cyberlaw jurisprudence. He also spoke about the need for Cyberlaw as a jurisprudence to constantly evolve to address the emerging technological changes and issues brought forward by the massive advancements of technology.
- CAN Federation and Internet Society, Nepal at Kathmandu, Nepal
February 2016 – February 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited to be a Keynote Speaker at the 16th CAN Information & Communication Technology Conference held on 1st February, 2016 organized by CAN Federation and Internet Society, Nepal at Kathmandu, Nepal. He elaborated various cyber security and Cyberlaw challenges that developing countries are facing, what approaches need to be adopted by developing and small countries in order to further protect their sovereign interests as also provide the boost for their e-commerce and electronic governance platforms. He further elaborated the need for developing countries to have dedicated cyber legislations on protecting and preserving cyber security.
· The Indus Entrepreneurs
Starting March 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited as Guest Faculty to teach the #Starts-ups Accelerator Program conducted by The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE) and Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi on 13th March, 2016 at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Pavan delivered an interactive session and interacted with young minds who are working on distinct, new start-ups in India. During the course of his session, Pavan elaborated various facets of #intellectual property portfolio that start-ups need to be mindful of. He further elaborated on the distinct procedures and methodologies that need to be adopted by start-ups when they look in the direction of monetizing data as start-ups. He further took the attendees of the said program through a wide gamut of the legalities that the law prescribes for start-ups, both in the context of intellectual property rights protection as also in the context of compliance with cyber legal frameworks prevalent in India. The session was marked with distinct participation by all participants of the said program.
- International Centre for Information Systems and Audit (iCISA) 14th March, 2015
Starting March 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited as a Faculty to address the members of the Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India to talk about the legalities pertaining to electronic governance. Pavan Duggal talked about various legal considerations that need to inform any electronic governance project. He further outlined the requirements under the IT law impacting electronic governance projects and the significance of proving electronic output in electronic governance projects.
- CNN IBN
March 2016 – March 2016
CNN IBN TV channel interviewed Pavan Duggal on their exclusive story on how Smesh App was used by Pakistani intelligence agencies to gather information and the legalities concerning the same.
- Digital Empowerment Foundation
March 2016 – March 2016
Pavan Duggal addressed the Parallel Session on Communication, Advocacy & Development Activism; Social Apps; Online Safety organized by Digital Empowerment Foundation on 15th March, 2016 at New Delhi. He elaborated on the cutting-edge work being done by Pavan Duggal Associates, Advocates in the area of cyber security law, online safety as also Cyberlaw and cybercrime regulations. He also highlighted the role of social media in dissemination of information pertaining to legal and regulatory issues pertaining to online safety and cyber security.
- Central Bureau of Investigation Academy
April 2016 – April 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited to be the Teaching Faculty to teach by the Central Bureau of Investigation Academy in the Course On #Mobile Phone Investigation/Forensic And #CDR Analysis conducted for top CBI officers held from 4th – 8th April, 2016. The said course was conducted at the #CBI Academy. Pavan Duggal taught CBI officers on various aspects pertaining to #legal provisions related to mobiles and #communication devices. Pavan Duggal, through various #case studies, elaborated the practical working of the provisions of the Indian #Cyberlaw in the context of mobiles and #cybercrimes. He also elaborated on the specific principles of #electronicevidence that need to be complied with by CBI in the context of detection, investigation and prosecution of cybercrimes. He also answered various queries and clarified various doubts of CBI officers on various aspects pertaining to #protection, #prosecution and #investigation of #cybercrimes and connected #electronic #evidence issues and #challenges. Various CBI officers from different parts of India attended the course on mobile phones investigation/forensic and CDR analysis. Pavan further gave detailed tips on how to specifically detect and investigate cybercrimes committed by using smart phones and communication devices.
- Central Bureau of Investigation Academy
Guest of Honour
April 2016 – April 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited to be the Guest of Honour at the valedictory function of the Course On #Mobile Phone Investigation/Forensic And #CDR Analysis by the #CBI Academy conducted for top CBI officers held on 8th April, 2016. Pavan Duggal gave #Certificates of Merits to the #CBI officers for having attended and participated in the course on Course On Mobile Phone Investigation/Forensic And CDR Analysis
- CNBC TV Channel
April 2016 – April 2016
Pavan Duggal was interviewed by CNBC TV channel on the #legal ramifications of end-to-end #encryption by #WhatsApp and its specific impact on #online #privacy on the one hand and on #cyber and #national #security on the other hand. Pavan Duggal gave his views on future #legal trends that are likely to emerge post the implementation of #end-to-end #encryption by #WhatsApp
- CNBC TV Channel
April 2016 – April 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited by CNBC. He was invited to dwell on his perspectives on the #legal and #policy #ramifications of #WhatsApp end-to-end encryption. Pavan Duggal dwelled extensively classical legal debate on the conflict between protection of #online #privacy and #nationalsecurity. Pavan Duggal further specifically highlighted the #challenges thrown by end-to-end encryption of WhatsApp. Pavan Duggal specifically commented on how end-to-end #encryption could pop up #legal #challenges for #Indian #Government and #Indian #law enforcement agencies. He also clarified on how various provisions and #legal approaches are available to the Indian Government while dealing with #protection and #preservation of national interest and #cybersecurity. He further elaborated on the role of #WhatsApp as intermediary under the #Indian #Cyberlaw and specific expectations that the #law has from #intermediaries even located outside #India but whose services are being focused and made available on #computers and #communication devices physically located within India.
- UNICEF Expert Consultation on Child Online Safety in India
April 2016 – April 2016
Pavan Duggal was invited to address the #UNICEF Expert Consultation on Child Online Safety in India, organized by #UNICEF Country Office on 9th April, 2016 at New Delhi. Pavan Duggal spoke about the various #legal and #policy issues impacting #child #online #safety and pointed out distinct gaps that exist under the Indian #legal frameworks in the direction of #protecting and preserving the legal interests of #children from #online #abuse. He underlined the need for more effective remedies to be made available for victims of online child abuse under the Indian #legal frameworks. He suggested that new amendments need to be carried out in the Indian #Cyberlaw so as to make the #law more robust in terms of #child protection. He further highlighted the various #practical and #legal #challenges for the retention and proof of incriminating #electronic #evidence in child abuse cases and the need for simplifying the process of seeking legal redress and #remedies available in the real and effective manner. He underlined the necessity for #Cyberlaw to be an #integral #component of school curriculum and education in order to #empower #children, in order to work towards more safer and #secure #cyberspace for children.
Honors & Awards
- National Seminar On “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in University Governance Trophy
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Pavan Duggal was awarded with the National Seminar On “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in University Governance Trophy on the occasion of his being the Chief Guest at the National Seminar On “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in University Governance organized by Jawaharlal Nehru University on 30/01/2016 at New Delhi.
- TEDxFORE School Trophy
FORE School of Management School
Pavan Duggal was honoured with TEDxFORESchool Trophy on the occasion of his being a Speaker at the TEDx event organized by FORE School of Management on 30th January, 2016 at New Delhi
- Annual Cyber Security Seminar Trophy
Cyber Security Group, Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi on
Pavan Duggal was conferred with Annual Cyber Security Seminar on “Cyber Security Spectrum – A Head Start” Trophy for delivering his keynote address at Annual Cyber Security Seminar on “Cyber Security Spectrum – A Head Start” organized by Cyber Security Group, Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi on 26th February, 2016 at New Delhi.
- 16th CAN Information & Communication Technology Conference Trophy
CAN Federation and Internet Society, Nepal at Kathmandu, Nepal
Pavan Duggal was awarded the 16th CAN Information & Communication Technology Conference Trophy in recognition of his being a Moderator at the 16th CAN Information & Communication Technology Conference held on 2nd February, 2016 organized by CAN Federation and Internet Society, Nepal at Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 16th CAN Information & Communication Technology Conference Trophy
CAN Federation and Internet Society, Nepal at Kathmandu, Nepal
Pavan Duggal was awarded with 16th CAN Information & Communication Technology Conference Trophy in recognition of his being a Keynote Speaker at the 16th CAN Information & Communication Technology Conference held on 1st February, 2016 organized by CAN Federation and Internet Society, Nepal at Kathmandu, Nepal.
- “Lifetime Achievement Award”
Chakravyuh – Information Security & Ethical Hacking Conference organized by the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi on 13th July, 2013 at New Delhi.
For his contribution to the evolution and growth of Cyberlaw and his distinguished contribution to the development of cyberlaw in India, Pavan Duggal was recently awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at Chakravyuh – Information Security & Ethical Hacking Conference organized at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi on 13th July, 2013 at New Delhi.
- “Ordre du Merite de Budapest”
Council of Europe Economic Crime Division
Pavan was awarded the “Ordre du Merite de Budapest” by the Council of Europe Economic Crime Division in Strasbourg on 23rd November 2011.
- “Internationally Renowned Expert on Cyberlaw”
Central Comd IW Seminar
Pavan Duggal was presented the honor titled “Internationally Renowned Expert on Cyberlaw” by Central Comd IW Seminar, 2010
- “Certificate of Honour”
Supreme Court Bar Association
Pavan Duggal was honoured by the Chief Justice of India with the “Certificate of Honour” on the Law Day Function for authoring book titled as ” Mobile Law Edn 2011″
Madhya Pradesh Police
Pavan Duggal was invited to be a Keynote Speaker at the Seminar on Use of ICT in Police Frameworks organized by Madhya Pradesh Police and the Bureau of Police Research & Development on 4th March, 2012 at Indore. Pavan Duggal talked about Cyberlaw and regulations: Cyberspace and criminal law, critical evaluation of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and its application to field realties. He talked about various case studies to illustrate practical challenges faced by the Police while dealing or handling cybercrime matters and while dealing with collecting, preserving and proving incriminating electronic evidence in cybercrime matters. His session was followed by interactive session where high rank officers of Madhya Pradesh Police asked various questions and clarifications regarding detection, investigation and prosecution of cybercrime matters.
Pavan Duggal was invited to the the 12th Informal ASEM Seminar on Informal on Human Rights- “Human Rights and Information and Communication Technology”. He delivered a keynote address at the seminar
Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
Pavan Duggal has on various occasion spoken at the IGF which is a multi-stakeholder forum for policy dialogue on issues of Internet governance.
Pavan spoke at the:
- IGF 2006 AT Athens, Greece
- IGF-2007 at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- IGF-2008 at Hyderabad, India
[For more information: http://i4d.eletsonline.com/igf-2008-3-6-december-2008-hyderabad-india/ ]
- IGF 2012 at Baku, Azerbaijan
Pavan Duggal has spoken at:
- VAS India 2007
- VAS India 2011
- VAS Asia 2013
Pavan Duggal has spoken on issues related to Cyberlaw at:
- 21ST SKOCH Summit 2009- Is Cyberlaw up-to-it [For more information: http://goo.gl/oBmpfA ]
- 25th SKOCH Summit 2011[For more information: http://www.skoch.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1206&Itemid=1541]
World Federation of Scienists
August 2013 – August 2013
Recently, Pavan Duggal was invited, as a speaker, by the Permanent Monitoring Panel for Information Security, World Federation of Scientists to the International Seminars on Planetary Emergencies and associated events held at Erice-Italy.
Delhi Management Association
Pavan Duggal was invited as a speaker at the 5th Mega HR Conclave on “High Performance organizations: HR as a Catalyst”.
Addressing the gathering, Pavan spoke on the various compliances under the Indian Cyberlaw that need to be done by Human Resources Departments (HR) in companies and corporate entities.
Ministry of Defence (Navy) (2013)
Pavan Duggal was invited by Ministry of Defence (Navy), to address the Naval Provost Officers on aspects of Cyber laws which included, inter alia
A brief overview on Cyber Laws along with Latest advances.
Legal checks and balances to be maintained whilst dealing with cases
Synergy between Cyber Forensics and Cyber Laws so as to ensure not just smooth apprehension, but conviction also.
Delhi Judicial Academy
Pavan Duggal was invited, on October 24, 2013, to give a lecture at the Refresher Course for the Officers of Delhi Judicial Service.
Pavan addressed the participants of the course on “Cyber laws: Latest Trends and Developments” which included
Issues pertaining to the Information Technology Act, 2000;
Section 65-B Indian Evidence Act, 1872- Application and Scope;
Appreciation of Electronic Evidence
17th May, 2014
Pavan addressed the batch of Metropolitan Magistrates on various issues pertaining to electronic evidence and evolving jurisprudence in India at the Delhi Judicial Academy at two day workshop organized by the Delhi Judicial Academy.
National Judicial Academy (2013)
Pavan Duggal was invited as a Resource Person at the National Conference of Judges of the District Judiciary on IPR and Cyber Laws, organized by the National Judicial Academy from October 25-27, 2013.
Pavan addressed the judges of the district courts, from various states, on the developments in the field of IPR and Cyber Laws. He also gave presentations on “Tracing the development of IT Laws in India” and “Types of Cybercrimes”.
National Informatics Centre (2013)
Pavan Duggal was invited as a speaker to the Master e-Governance Training Programme for G3-JS Level Officers hosted by the training division, National Informatics Centre at Convention Hall, 7th Floor, NIC, A- Block, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
Pavan addressed the programme participants on the IT Act and Use of DSCs for e-Governance.
The Law and Technology Society of National Law School of India University, Bangalore (2013)
Speaker and Panelist
Pavan Duggal was invited as a Speaker and panelist for the Conference on Legal Issues Pertaining to Cloud Computing in India -2013, held on December 14-15, 2013; organized by National Law School of India University, Bangalore. He spoke on the Legal issues concerning Cloud Computing and the way forward.
Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation (2013)
Pavan Duggal was invited as a speaker at FIRE 2013 organized by the Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation to deliver an address on Information Access in the Legal Domain at India International Center, New Delhi.
Computer Society of India, Noida Chapter & Institute of Accountants of India, Noida Chapter (2014)
Pavan Duggal was invited as an esteemed guest and speaker on the occasion of seminar on “Data Privacy, Cyber Crime, Social Media, Legal and Management Implication on Corporate Governance” organized by Computer Society of India, Noida Chapter & Institute of Accountants of India, Noida Chapter on February 22, 2014.He addressed the gathering on the legal implications of Data Privacy, Cyber Crime and Social Media, both in the global and Indian context along with various case studies.
Controller of Certifying Authorities, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Information Technology, Government of India (2014)
Pavan Duggal was invited as a distinguished speaker at the seminar on Securing Electronic Transactions-Role of Digital Signatures organized by Controller of Certifying Authorities, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Information Technology, Government of India along with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) at Ahmedabad on February 24, 2014. During the Seminar, Pavan addressed the gathering on legal issues related to Use of Electronic Transactions and Indian Cyberlaw.
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
March 2014 – March 2014
Pavan Duggal was invited as a speaker for the session titled “Cybersecurity” at the Indo-European Dialogue on ICT Standards & Emerging Technologies- Workshop on Security and Energy Efficiency organized by European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) in the framework of Project SESEI Seconded European Standardization Expert in India. At the said dialogue, Pavan elaborated on the various legal and policy challenges impacting #cybersecurity at the global and national levels.
- Computer Society of India and Jamia Milia Islamia
March 2014 – March 2014
Pavan Duggal was invited as the Chief Guest at ALGORHYTHM, the annual technical cultural fest at Jamia Milia Islamia organized by Computer Society of India and Jamia Milia Islamia on March 21, 2014, where he delivered the Chief Guest Address on the various legal challenges facing the youth of today in the #digital and #mobile ecosystems and the role of #Cyberlaw in facilitating activities in the digital domain